Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 1: Pre-Honduras,

Well, I won't be in Honduras for two more days, but I feel like tonight was still part of the trip. I ended my day with everyone at work being super supportive and it was really cool to hear people wishing me luck as I left the office. I hurried to Costco to get my last minute supplies and then dropped off a library book and prayed that God would reveal where the other one was. I had time to run home, drop off my cache and then get to the mall to CPK with my parents.

As I was waiting for my parents, the waiter kept coming over and I was in a really good outgoing mood so we started talking. I look for any avenue to put in info about the Rock or that I am a Christian so when he asked if I drink I said I did and somehow I quickly led it to the Rock. I told him it was about Jesus and that we believe in the Bible and I told him he should come check it out. He said he would tell his roommates and asked where it was.

It was good to have dinner with my parents although I don't know that I was as loving as I would have like to have been. I don't like how when I am stressed and I am around my parents. It was when we left the restaurant and we got to their car and my dad found said lost library book that all the stress was gone that me and my parents had a good talk. I love my parents, they have sacrificed so much for me.

Tonight, my friends came over and I barbecued and we all hung out and chatted. It was so good! I love being around them. It is so hard for me to say goodbye. I know I will see them in 9 days, but still, it seems like forever. I know that God has a plan and a purpose for me to go to Honduras and so I shouldn't worry. I know He has Kingdom plans. I couldn't go on this trip without loving friends who have truly lifted me up and given me the strength and courage.

Now, I have clipped my nails short - I feel naked - and I am just going to spend some time with the Lord and Riley. I can't wait to start the real adventure!

No comments: