Monday, July 26, 2010

Contentment in discontentment

I am so excited, but I am so content... how does this happen?

The girls in my accountability group challenged each other to have three good quiet times this week with our busy schedules. So, tonight I was sneaking in my second God time of the week before they came over and God totally refreshed me. Last night we learned a little about Elisha who I had forgotten about so I wanted to learn more about him. The following is a portion of what I read:
2 Kings 4 "1The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha, "Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the LORD. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves." 2 Elisha replied to her, "How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?" "Your servant has nothing there at all," she said, "except a little oil." 3 Elisha said, "Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don't ask for just a few. 4 Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each is filled, put it to one side." 5 She left him and afterward shut the door behind her and her sons. They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring. 6 When all the jars were full, she said to her son, "Bring me another one." But he replied, "There is not a jar left." Then the oil stopped flowing. 7 She went and told the man of God, and he said, "Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left."


The woman humbled herself in front of God and God blessed her faith and used the little she had to work for her good. When we give the little things we have to God, He will do big things. I need to remember to be faithful and give to God my little things, my little time and my little faith so He can make much of it.

So that leads me to being content with what I have, but with asking God for more. I love my life. I love that I can set up time to meet with my friends, but I need to ask God to multiply my time so I can do more and be more to more people. I love that I can go pass out sandwiches to the homeless, but I need to pray and ask for more resources. I need to find my contentment but ask God for more so He can do more and be glorified in it.

Excited to be Discontent~

No comments: