Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh what to say

So, sometimes when God asks for you to give up something you thought was a gift, it is really hard. I am still confused about the whole thing because He never fully gave me the gift, I was just reaching for it.

I have to admit, I was a lot like a dejected kid when it was gone. I was sad and felt like God didn't care about my situation. I know that isn't true because he has adopted me as His daughter and all parents like to give their children good gifts. Mine might just be coming later.

So in light of that, this is something from my quiet time:

Rejoice in the Lord Always -- Philippians 4:4

I have not been full of delight in Your ways lately, Lord. Change my heart. I know you are a good Father with plans for me.

Let your gentleness be evident to all vs 5

Lord, I have not been gentle or considerate to others. I have been walking in self pity. I have been claiming injustice and that isn't fair to you.

Do not be anxious about anything, but by prayer and petition with
thanksgiving, present your requests before God. vs 6

Lord, let me follow You where You lead with courage. Give me the courage I need to make it on your path. Thank You that You have a plan.

And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your
hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. vs 7

Lord, guard my heart. I think it is warring in me trying to be free. Lord, you are my God and my guardian. You have the authority over my life. Lord, thank you for all you have done.

So, it hasn't been easy, and it still took a few days for God's peace to enter in, but it has and I feel like I am back to being normal. I am so thankful that I have God who is beyond my understanding. I am so thankful that He doesn't ever give up on me even when I want to be rebellious.

No comments: