I was on my way to work this morning when I heard about this movement that asks people to pick a word they want to characterize what they want their year to look like instead of making a list of new years resolutions. I think this is amazing because I hate new years resolutions, but when you stop and think about something that God wants you to work on, you can break it down to a theme.
So the word I chose Love. I want to be in the light of God’s love and I want to be full of self-sacrificing love for others. I want to be quick to forgive and slow to speak. Sometimes I put up my defenses to early when meeting someone or in interacting with friends. I want my words to be though about before saying them. I need to be less transparent when I feel hurt so that I can give myself time to forgive without distracting from my friendships.
Whenever God speaks to me about an area in my life or something from my quiet time stood out in the form of a word, I have written it on my wrist. Last night, the guys saw the word love written on my wrist and they laughed at me. They said couldn’t I remember the word Love? I know that it has a greater purpose to remind me that I need to be loving. I have so much that I want to work on.
No comments:
Post a Comment