So last night I went swing dancing. It was so much fun. I have always wanted to learn to dance although I thought I would be doing ballroom stuff. I love dancing though and if you have a partner, you can't look too bad because there are two of you. It is so much fun to get out of my element and learn stuff like this.
Before we went, I was nervous and a little scared because I am so uncoordinated. It takes me so long to learn anything like rock climbing, skateboarding and snowboarding. When we got there, we were even guy vs girl so it we broke up and our friend Jon started to teach us. It was so much fun that after a while, if one of the guys was sitting, I made them dance with me.
I have a problem with dancing though, it is a place where God shows me I try to lead too much. I was always trying to anticipate what I should do next and do it, but I need to wait and let the gentleman I am with do what they want to do. I don't know if I made much progress in that area last night, but I am going to try and try and try until it works in both my personal and my dancing life.
No comments:
Post a Comment