May Continued: A bunch of us went up to Alpine Wyoming which is close to Jackson Hole camping for Memorial Day Weekend. It was a lot of fun and relaxing too. The first real day in the area, I went for a hike with three of the guys in Grand Teton NP while the rest of the group went climbing. It was a lot of fun and we even trekked through some snow. I was having such a great time that I started jumping around towards the bottom and rolled my ankle. I have never hurt myself before and so although it was a minor injury, it scared me. I thought I was going to have to sit the summer out. Now, I just have a permanent cankle because I never let it rest. We also went boating down the Snake River. The water level was so high, we didn't really hit any good rapids. It rained on us our 2nd to last day there and the tent Jessica and I took got soaked - so did our stuff.
June started out with a great family reunion in Moab. It was really fun to be with everyone. I went boating down the Colorado River with my cousins and their families which was great. My cousin Caitlin and I got in an inflatable Kayak and had fun, although we kept hitting headwinds and getting stuck. I learned my left arm is stronger than my right - odd. I must use it climbing more. We ended up going straight for a tree that they call a strainer and loosing the kayak. I hope they were eventually able to recover it.
July was fun and I got to do my 3rd river of the year - the Provo. I had started the summer wanting to do three rivers and I didn't think it would happen, but we all tubed down. I have to say I was a bit scared because two people died in it this summer, but I am alive.
August I did the Royal Family Kids Camp again - it was a lot of fun again. I had some hard kids, but I hope they grew and changed and know that God loves them. I think it changed me a lot. I really love kids and I want them to have the opportunity to be the best they can be. It hurts me to think about the kids that don't get the chance to grow up in a loving family. I want to adopt or foster kids some day if the Lord wills. I also went to the City of Rocks and had a lot of fun climbing. Of course, it rained on us because a camping trip isn't complete without rain.
September I took my first trip to Zion which was a lot of fun, I am still learning not to say the s which should be after Zion. We hiked Angels Landing and the Narrows - all four girls and our tour guide Dave. It was pretty, but not as good as Moab. We also did a little bit of climbing in St George at Craw Dad Canyon. I lead a 5.3 (: and a 5.7 I really want to lead in the gym this winter so I can lead outside next summer and go with the girls...
The Open Door also just started again and this year I am with the older kids - 11-14 going on 20. They are great, but I am a bit more intimidated because they are trying to show their independence and individuality.
October is just starting...
No comments:
Post a Comment