I went to GCLI this weekend and it was really good. It was about worldliness and it really hit me how much I want to change things so that I am less worldly. One thing that hit me is being less of me. I thought this passage I found yesterday in my studies was very appropriate:
Romans 12:9-18 The Message
Love from the center of who you are; don't fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.
11-13Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.
14-16Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath. Laugh with your happy friends when they're happy; share tears when they're down. Get along with each other; don't be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don't be the great somebody.
17-19Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you've got it in you, get along with everybody.
I especially liked what one of our pastors said on Saturday night: "If you are tired all the time, you are doing something right."
1 comment:
Very much agreed dear sister! In a way, when I am leaving the classroom exhausted and heartbroken over my students, then I know the Lord has used me for His glory that day. It is when He provides just enough strength that the exhaustion hits the moment the last student leaves. What wonderful words in the passage you shared. The Lord has been putting those same things on my heart as well and what a joy to hear about you too! Love you very very much dear sis!
Post a Comment