I went snowboarding last Monday night and it was so good. It wasn’t good because I was good. I am still learning how to snowboard but it was good because I learned how much character some of my friends have. I took forever just trying to get down the mountain and I was so scared but a few of my friends stayed with me and kept trying to give me advice.
I got to the mountain and it was super cold that night. My friend got me on the lift (I am not sure how) and when we got off, I immediately biffed it. I can’t believe how much it takes to figure out how to snowboard. Every ounce of my body hurt the next day because I fell so much. I had to wriggle like a worm out of 10 holes I think.
People amaze me with their patience. I always have this image of men losing their temper. Admittedly it is because of my dad. I love him but he doesn’t understand the word patience. I was scared that these guys who were trying to teach me to snowboard were going to be like that too. Instead, they were next to me the entire time trying to encourage me and keep trying to show me how to get down.
The best part was that they kept going. The amount of restraint and care they showed for me was exactly what I picture from a warrior of God. I can’t even express my awe. I am amazed at how amazing the Holy Spirit exhibited in our own human forms is. I can’t imagine seeing Jesus in person and knowing His greatness in a Holy God form.
Waiting for those days… Pink Spark
No comments:
Post a Comment