Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Don't Want to be Spit Out

Today was an interesting day. I haven’t been sleeping well in quite some time except for the occasional day here and there. This morning was a better day. I borrowed an alarm clock from a friend that lights up and gets brighter as it gets closer for the alarm to go off. This morning was interesting, the “peaceful” sounds it emitted woke me up but I still went and lay back in bed until my cell phone went off, but I woke a little easier.

I thought that I even had time to check email today, which I almost did. I was late to leave my house though after 4 last minute clothes changes… I prayed that God would use me today. I am hoping he did.

I want to be real to people and I hope I am conveying that. No one at the office takes lunches together very much so I usually sit on my own or find one of my more outgoing coworkers. I still don’t feel super comfortable with everyone so lunch is sometime hard. Plus I would rather be on my own. Yesterday I read my Bible on my quiet time which was sooo refreshing. So today I took our temp in with me and then after some small talk, she went back to work. I am supposed to take an hour and so I decided to sit by a woman who is quite interesting.

She is in her early 60s and she is very…… reserved but always asks how I like taking notes because it was her old job to take notes for her dept and then comments on how many meetings I go to. She is very nice don’t get me wrong, but she can’t adjust to anything new. So, I sat with her and I asked her about the guy she was dating and she said that he wanted to put a ring on her finger and he was crazy about her. So I asked if he was Lutheran like she was and she said that no, he was Mormon. She stated it didn’t’ matter to her. As long as you believe.

I was taken aback a lot. I told her that the Bible says there is only one way and that Jesus died for nothing if everyone could go. She told me that she had told the guy that she didn’t think they would be in the same heaven and he said he was ok with that.

I am still baffled. We had a completely calm conversation but it made me sad. This woman has gone to church her whole life. She said that she had put time into that area and now she wasn’t. She said she goes to church but she doesn’t want to do Bible Study’s right now. She said she is not in that stage of life at the moment. She even stated that she was lukewarm.
Sometimes I think those are the people that we need to be targeting. The ones who think that they can be lukewarm. I have so many questions on the issue of lukewarm living, not by this conversation but all the books I have been reading lately… Hopefully I can just keep getting into these conversations with her and get to the point where we can discuss scripture more… It is in God’s hands. I keep praying that God would bring a wing-man to the workplace with me though. I need to have reinforcements.

No comments: