I just had a Heppatitis shot. I love working in Nursing Centers because they offer free shots. If it wasn't for that, I am sure I would have the flu year long. I get sick so easily. I am more fond of shots than when I was in high school because of my first Heppatitis shot memory. Yes -- I have a great memory for my first Hep shot.
I was in San Diego for our summer project to work for Sea World. Sea World provided free Hepatitis shots for all of its workers. So, in good Sea World fashion, they lined us up in order to get our shots. There were 92 and as they went alphabetically, I was one of the last in line. My friend Katrina was just in front of me and she was getting nervous. Her nervousness masked mine. I didn't realize that I was going to get up there and get nervous. Luckily, there was a big freindly giant on our project that was protective. He came up and grabbed my hand and told me to concentrate on his watch. It was the best distraction.
Since we are all back in our ministries across the country, I have had to find other ways of fogetting about shots. I scour buildings to find people to hold my hand to protect me. Today it was my boss. I guess now we are bonded till the next shot.
1 comment:
Nice to know your memory of our shots is as vivid as mine. They offered meningitis shots at school Tuesday for $10, but I just couldn't do it, despite the great discount. My excuse was the 10 page paper that was due that afternoon, which I only had 3 pages on that morning. Of course, I probably could have, and should have, taken a few minutes out of my day to take the opportunity to protect myself from such a terrible sickness. Guess I still have a long way to go or 'grow'. Next time they offer those shots I will call you and have you come up to hold my hand. Okay? Love you tons and so glad to share such neat memories with you. You are awesome and have a beautiful heart!
Post a Comment