Monday, April 23, 2007

What Will That Mean?

I keep thinking about what my life will mean. What will people remember me for? What will I do with my life? I know I am being used now and that maybe all that God wants is for me to be in Salt Lake City for the rest of my life trying to bridge gaps in the workplace. But my dream is bigger. Does that mean that God's dream is bigger as well? I am dreaming of working with people in other countries showing compassion and then showing them the ultimate healer – Jesus. What will that mean? Will it mean not ever coming back to the United States? Will it mean not seeing my niece and nephew grow up? If it means I am setting up an eternal residence in heaven I think I am ready to go.

Matthew 6:19-20 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth
and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for
yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where
thieves do not break in and steal."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your heart is beautiful. Clearly reflecting Christ. Reminds me of my focus on Phillipians 2:2-8 today. If only we could follow Christ's example and become like servants during our short while on Earth. As easy as it sounds, there are many daily struggles and it is a constant surrender. Praise God that you stand at the ready to serve Him wherever He should desire. May your heart be sensitive to His response. Love to you my dear sister.