Monday, September 25, 2006

Walk With Me

Have you heard the song by Caedmon's Call, Walk with Me? It has been my favorite song ever since my friend's wedding last year, April 9, 2005 (love you Adrienne and Travis). I picture so many things when I am singing that song and I have sung it and heard it a million times since then. Tonight, after praying for my friend Micah it had such a different meaning for me. It is so hard to trust God when things are crashing down around you and I have only had that experience on a lower level. Micah is waiting on a liver for his body and I can't even imagine how much faith he has taken in waiting on God. The lines were sweet to me before, but now the lines are more pointed, no nothing is right in our world and nothing is as we desire but when we trust in God, he does restore our soul. I am learning to focus on having grace every moment of the day and using that to power me, but now it makes so much more sense. When we walk with God, he does restore my soul and when we walk with Him, we can hear his comforting words. I was in a bar on Friday night surrounded, but feeling so alone when I heard God speak to me and tell me to listen. Then Steele Croswhite sung his "Captured by Grace" song and I heard the line "Needing you as I rose, needing you more when my head hit the pillow" and it was so loud and clear I was amazed. I can't believe how much God has used music in my life. God's knowledge makes all my knowledge seem childish. I can't understand the times I live in, the circumstances or anything else, but I can trust God to bring that to light for me. I need to walk with him in the shadows and when I feel like I am being hit at with a wrecking ball. God alone can restore and God alone can make things happen.

Walk with me quiet, walk with me slow
With watered down coffee and words of gold
I can feel the edges of these things
When I hear you speak to me, so walk with me

Walk with me empty, walk with me strong
The hush of our voices, when the day seems so long
It is like a balm, it is like a jewel
It unravels all I thought I knew

Will you lead me, beside the still waters
Where the oil, it runs over, and my cup overflows
You restore my soul

Tell me the story, where old is made new
The promise of ages, and all things that are true
When the shadows fall and the wrecking ball
Swings and tears me through the heart

Caedmon's Call, Back Home

No comments: