Monday, July 24, 2006

Taking Thoughts Captive

"For the weapons of our warfare are... mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments [speculations] and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ" - 1 Corinthians 10:4-5.
"When we accept the reality of our conditions, we can use our time and energy to make that reality better"
For the past little while I have been using the different lessons in the book Loving God with All Your Mind to remind myself how to think like God thinks. I am too often second guessing myself in the things I say and it causes more worry and hurts my relationships. If I trust God to help me through my thoughts then I am a happier person. It is sometimes so hard to move a thought past your consciousness, but it is possible!
It is so hard to trust the best about people sometimes when everyone around you wants to add their own commentary, but it has helped me to get along with others so much more. How often have I thought wrongly of a person and then found out how wonderful they are? I still battle day by day, but the battle is so much easier with God filtering my thoughts, as I trust Him to.

No comments: