Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Renewed Passion

Written April 13, 2006:

Last night at the Next Level I was again shown how much I love ministry. We have an outreach concert happening the second Saturday in May and we got together at the church, prayed and dispersed to pass out flyers for the project. I love outreach and it is something I am good at. I love that I can serve God in that part of the ministry. I know how easy it is to be shy around strangers, but when I am on God's payroll and mission I am so excited. I was able to use the flyer to go up and talk to people - even those I would be afraid would turn me away and it was great. I talked to some skaters - I really want to be in with skaters since I skateboard - and it was great.

I hate when people come up to me to give me a flyer, so I thought about it and said, if I can just show that I am a normal, cheerful girl it will work - and it did! Of course there were those who probably threw it right away, but still, it was something. I am excited.

I know that some people were uncomfortable with evangelism and they didn’t really like passing out the flyers. They practice what I would like to call “hit and run evangelism.” I think I got this term from someone else. They take something to someone and they turn their back. We have to build into people and show we have love and caring if we are going to be effective. Otherwise, we are clanging cymbals without any meaning. I talked to some people who were curious about church and wanted to check it out. I got 2 of those responses that I know are genuine.

Long story, but it makes me see how much I love ministry. I am going to get involved in the college ministry that is going to be starting up. I am excited, but shy because I don't know who is going to be involved, but I hope it is a great team. I love college ministry and I want to go on Staff with Campus Crusade for Christ in the future. Anyway, that’s my happy story.

I feel like I am in the dating phase with God. He amazes me.

No comments: