A few weeks ago at prayer with my friends, Matt was giving a lesson on God's will. He used two verses that stuck with me.
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2
What this came down to the group decided was surrender. When we surrender, we know the will of God. I meditated on this for the next few days. On Tuesday morning, I had great peace and as I was driving to work, I prayed "God, you have beautiful plans for me. I surrender my dreams to you. I surrender my dreams of getting married, of having children, of going and working in an orphanage and I surrender my full life to you." It was so sweet to give that over.
That day, just a few hours later, I found an answer to something I had been praying about and asking God about for the last 10 months. I am so amazed that my response was not crying, it wasn't being mad. Instead, I went for a walk and talked to God about it and thanked Him for finally giving me a clear answer. I was so astonished, instead of being angry and upset, the fruit of my surrender was joy and contentment.
God has been blessing me with joy through the daily surrender I give Him. It has helped me get through my life with such sweet satisfaction. I still don't know what my future holds, but God does and He will lead me to it and through it.
Living in His joy and surrender,
Kimberly
No comments:
Post a Comment