So apparently I think sleep is overrated. It’s late and I realized I hadn't read my Bible today and it is 12:00 am. I opened Biblegateway.com on my new Palm and in my delirium realized for the first time or forgot Mary’s story of the pivotal time in her life. She learned that she was pregnant as a very young virgin, but she was pregnant with God. When she was obedient, she rejoiced that she had been chosen. Then, when it was time for her and her young husband to travel for the census, she wasn’t complaining or questioning God when she gives birth to her Savior in a manger. If I were her, I would be wondering why God hadn’t reserved a room for her in the biggest house and sent the best doctor to minister to her. That is my response, but not Mary’s. She takes it in stride and knows that God has a plan and purpose. She is patiently waiting like I need to be. I know that God has a plan and maybe it is to play a big role in ministering to kids or adults or maybe it is just to play the supporting role that Mary did. God told her He had plans for her, but she didn’t waiver when the plans didn’t look like she had hoped.
The other thing I noticed was that the people God sent to minister to her were not Kings. The Wisemen weren’t called by God. God sent the angels to shepherds. Maybe the people we are to minister to aren’t those in front of us right now. Maybe they are. This also relates to people on our teams. We may have people in mind that we want on our ministry team, but God sends those who are truly a part of His plan.
When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about." Luke 2:15
Thank you Lord that your plans are not my plans. Thank you that you have the bigger picture in mind. Lord, help me to listen to your Spirit moment by Moment and serve you wholeheartedly. Teach me to lean on your plans and give you my hopes.
No comments:
Post a Comment