One more year. I have gone through another year of my life and now it is time to look back. I have to say that this last year was AMAZING. I really have to say it is the best yet. I have had such amazing times, friends, learning moments and really crazy ones. Through all of it, I have been so amazed at how alive I feel. I really feel like this year has been a lot about surrender to God my King and through that I have had the opportunity to learn. I have learned spiritually and I have learned things that are physical that equate back to the amazing way God loves me. I love Him so much too. I think I have had a lot more of the dating phases coming through over the last year. I learned how I am strong enough to climb mountains, but I couldn’t do that if God didn’t give theme t will power and strength and especially some amazing friends at my side. Jill was with me through most of the mountains. I would freak out before the hike began thinking I couldn’t do it then 5,6,7 hours later we had done it. I can’t believe that God made me strong enough to go to the top of a mountain. I can’t believe the majesty of those mountains either, they cry out about how God formed them. I know why it says that if we don’t proclaim Jesus as Lord the rocks will cry out.
This year, I learned that I can be a servant without fear. I became involved in an afterschool program for kids from a refugee area. I loved getting to know the kids, get to know their personalities and what made them unique. I feel like we made a differnce in their lives bringing some joy and hopefully pointing them toward hope. I was able to work with some foster kids for a kids camp and that taught me a lot about how much kids deserve justice. I know that God is fighting for them, but I know He needs people on the earth to fight with Him. I found out that giving is so much more than receiving. I was able to help lead a homeless ministry. I found out that by giving, you get so much more. I feel like God really sharpened me through it. I was dependent on God for every moment in ministering.
This past year, I learned I can learn whatever I want. I learned to Mountain Bike. I also started riding my bike to work, which scared me and still scares me. It is hard to be a bike on the busy roads. I could do it though - I am strong enough. I can’t believe God blessed me with hands and feet and fingers, eyes, ears and everything so that I can experience His goodness so much.
And, I learned that my family can be saved. I am so excited about my Mom’s salvation and I can’t wait to see some growth.
I have been blessed to walk alongside so many amazing women. They are amazing women of God and I can’t believe they are all in my life. I couldn’t get through this year without them and I am so fortunate that God placed them in my life.
I am so excited about 26 years, but I want my 27th Year on the earth to be more intentional. I want it to be fully about Jesus, learning to love him more. I want it to be about loving others through my Love for God. I want it to be about building up lives and building up God’s kingdom. I don’t know how I deserved this amazing life, but I want to live it for God’s glory no matter if it means a complete change in my life. I have given it up on the alter for God to do as He wills and it is so exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment