I love my bike! I have decided to call him Charlie. We had a really rocky relationship to start off with. He was upset that I didn't take him places that often last year and so this year, I had to prove that I did value him. He kicked me out so many times and gave me so many bruises that I didn't think Charlie and I would last. With the gas prices as they are and all the polution, I was resolved to try to do my part so I bought a bus pass and the days I caught the bus, I took Charlie with me. Charlie at fist wanted to give me problems, and then he gradually warmed up to the idea of going with me to work 2 to three days a week. It depends on what I have to do at work, but I try to bike from the top of the hill when the bus drops me off. Twice I have missed the bus and resolved to bike all the way to work which has actually been fun. I like the challenge of trying to beat cars and to make it to work on time. My boss is great and understanding when I am a little late, but so far, things have been amazing. It doesn't seem like a lot of savings, but I have noticed that I can stretch an extra day or before having to go get gas. I love it. I feel like it makes me get a work out in too especially when I am busy at night. It does add about a half hour to my commute, but it is well worth it. So, yes, I might be one of the crazy people that drive you crazy with their bikes on the road, but I promise, if there is a bike lane, I do use it. It is amazing how many and how few SL has. Oh, and I just discovered that if I bike on the weekend South, I can probably hit a Maverick or Artic Circle for my treat :) |
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Meet Charlie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment