So I am a geek and I have to get this out. I have a friend named Leigh who is this amazing crazy lady who bikes everywhere or she makes it the most efficient trip ever. She has a van for the simple fact of getting in the mountains... She is rubbing off on me.
Zions Bank offers a half price bus pass and with the crazy price of gas and the fact that I bought a bike, I should use it for my commute, I started today. I have taken some bike trips for concerts, but this was my first commuting day. I left my house a little late at 7:08 and didn't get to the bus stop until 7:12 I thought I missed the bus but decided to wait anyway before going back to get my car. I waited like 8 minutes and it came! I guess my fervent prayers to God were answered about this simple thing which makes me smile. Then, I got off 16 blocks later to take the 2nd bus I needed. I stopped to ask the bus driver how often the other bus comes through and I narrowly missed it. I was a little bummed but decided it would be better for me to bike it and then try to tell my boss why I was late. I biked a little ways and then decided to put my head phones on. I stopped by a gas station and was trying to figure out the way the "cool kids" get their headphones through their shirts and I looked over and a guy was staring at me and laughing. I don't think he was learing and I can't blame him, I was being a dork. So, I got my Steele Croswhite in and started biking. It was so good to bike to work that I had this big dorky smile on my face the entire time. I think it was one of the best mornings in a long time. I belted out the songs and didn't care what people thought. At one point, a fellow biker came behind me but I think the moment he realized I was singing out loud, be bolted out in front to get away.
I ended up being 2 minutes early so I can't wait to see what next week brings. My coworkers all looked at me crazy as I was so excited. They all think I am looney so it is good I am going on vacation.
"Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice" today was an easy day to rejoice but it helps when I have a hard time that the easy days were so good.
God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment