So, it has been like 4 weeks since I have posted...
Two weekends ago, I went wakeboarding for the first time and it was so much fun. Saturday I did my first lead climb and did my 2nd clean although first clean without someone else there so that was pretty frightening and cool. I love rock climbing and wish I could go more.
Last weekend, I went to the Swenson Family Reunion. It was a lot of fun. I love hanging out with all my cousins and aunts and uncles. I grew up with them being around until I was a teenager and my grandparents passed away so it is so natural for me to be around them. I want this for my kids too so I am always hoping to marry into a large Christian family. Some of my Aunts and Uncles were so cool they were swimming with us and on all the rides and they all have grandkids! We were based out of Cherry Hills and Lagoon this summer so we were very active.
This weekend, it has been pretty low key. Friday night a bunch of us went climbing and then went camping. I have never camped like this before: we drove up to a lake, got out and walked around the boardwalk and camped right behind the trailhead sign for a hike... people were literally walking past all night. The lake was so pretty when we woke up the next morning. I think I like camping that includes hiking up or at least being in a real campsite, but it was fun. People came up and would look at us like we were in a zoo... At least when we saw the camping area the next day we weren't in the middle of poison ivy. Then most of the rest of the weekend was laid back.
I am trying to bike more often and use my car less. I think I am going to seek a consultant on this: my friend Leigh. I have now parked my car in sugarhouse twice and used my bike to get me once to a concert downtown and the second was church. I feel badly for showing up to church a little sweaty, but if I am saving the least bit of gas, I think it is worth it for the environment and my pocket. I wish work were closer. The biggest reason I think I am saving gas is we don't just stay at one place, we usually go somewhere after church and so if I bike there and then bike back to my car, I should be saving gas. I am going green... my family will think I am crazy.
If anyone has a house in Sugarhouse they want to donate to my cause, please let me know and I would be happy to reside in it for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment