Last night, we were down doing our normal stuff when the cops pulled up. Everyone on the street knew that we were being asked to leave. The person who came to talk to us with the police around told us he wanted us to leave because we didn't have a permit.
This threw a wrench into our plans. The leader of the group has a vision of a day center for teens and children. We don't want to step onto anyone's toes and I think that is what some people think we are doing. God is faithful and He will make it clear if He wants us to continue or if He wants us to stop. I believe He wants something bigger and this is part of the persecution from Romans 12. We will rejoice and last night we did. We are rejoicing in what we feel is a scheme of the devil because it means something greater will happen.
We moved to the park because families have barbecues there all the time. We are a family. We fed our brothers and sisters. It is a different crowd there, but we met their needs and showed them that people do care. We love the people who are broken. I was reading this verse to a friend last week when I was weak and beyond my limits:
I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign LORD. I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice Ezekiel 34:15-16
It is talking about how God will be tending his sheep and I think He is doing
that now. He is using us to strenghten the weak when we feed His
sheep.I can't wait to see what God does. So pray that we get all the permits we need and that we figure out where we should do this ministry from. We have been feeding like 200 people so I know we are needed. I believe God will make it clear.
On a personal prayer request note, I want direction. I feel like I am so far from where I want to be. A group of us have become so close and we are talking about how we want to be as close as family. It is really cool. I want to be closer to them and also to Church and I want to be a hippie chick and ride my bike everywhere.
Thanks,
Pink
No comments:
Post a Comment