
I am so excited by prayer and I feel like I am being renewed through it... I have been really challenged by some of the people that I have met at SFC and it has been incredible. I started volunteering at the Dream Center. It is a center for kids to go to for tutoring. Most of the kids are refugees from multiple countries. In the short time that I was with the program, it was really incredible. We ended the program for the summer, but it opened so many more doors in my mind. After the kids went home, some of us would go downtown to the Road Home and pass out food and put out clothes for anyone. It was really amazing especially last night.
We had a bunch of kids books that we had out and everyone was just amazed that they could get books. The adults wanted them and the kids were especially excited. It made me and my friend want to do more. This morning I was praying and just asking God to show me again what my passion is - what makes me alive for Christ. Then, my friend sent out an email about expanding the ministry at the Road Home. This was so incredible. I had seen how quickly people were taking the books that were about Noah or Jesus and so I really think there could be an incredible opportunity if there is a need. Right now, I am doing everything through our sister church in the valley. I really want to keep being involved in ministry every Monday night because as my friend said, it starts the week off amazingly.
Another amazing prayer that was answered was that on Saturday I was praying and asking God if I should get involved with the children's ministry at K2 and then I realized that I could help out the Rock Sandy and then at church I realized that the downtown church is expanding! I am so excited. I didn't even think I had this desire, but I am excited to just plunge further and further into serving. I think it was especially spurred on by Josh's talk. I want to be like Ruth who is faithful and who is a hard worker, someone who serves other’s needs and loves others more than themself. I am so excited.
I can’t wait to see what else God blows my mind with!!! It is amazing.
We had a bunch of kids books that we had out and everyone was just amazed that they could get books. The adults wanted them and the kids were especially excited. It made me and my friend want to do more. This morning I was praying and just asking God to show me again what my passion is - what makes me alive for Christ. Then, my friend sent out an email about expanding the ministry at the Road Home. This was so incredible. I had seen how quickly people were taking the books that were about Noah or Jesus and so I really think there could be an incredible opportunity if there is a need. Right now, I am doing everything through our sister church in the valley. I really want to keep being involved in ministry every Monday night because as my friend said, it starts the week off amazingly.
Another amazing prayer that was answered was that on Saturday I was praying and asking God if I should get involved with the children's ministry at K2 and then I realized that I could help out the Rock Sandy and then at church I realized that the downtown church is expanding! I am so excited. I didn't even think I had this desire, but I am excited to just plunge further and further into serving. I think it was especially spurred on by Josh's talk. I want to be like Ruth who is faithful and who is a hard worker, someone who serves other’s needs and loves others more than themself. I am so excited.
I can’t wait to see what else God blows my mind with!!! It is amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment