Saturday, March 08, 2008

Still Standing


God is so good. I keep wondering how I am going to get through each week, but each week, it is because of God. I can be so busy during the weeks that it sometimes feels like I am out of control. Sometimes it feels like I don't have a moment to breathe. Then the weekend comes or a quiet moment and I realize I am rooted in God and that I can get through anything if I am firm in Him. If I commit my time in God, I am able to branch out and do other things. If I am not, I get pruned. I started volunteering once a week at the Dream Center here in SL and I am excited what it might bring. I know that as long as I give it to God, I will be able to bear fruit there, otherwise, I will be useless.


On another note, my friends started Snowboarders and Skiers for Christ in the valley and it is amazing. SFC is a really fun place to hang out and through it, there are a lot of different personalities from a lot of different churches coming together to hang out. It has been a lot of fun. Thursdays they wax boards or skis and Sunday they have prayer. Check them out for more info myspace.com/sfcutah


Through SFC, I feel like I see more community in the body of believers in this valley. This valley is changing and I believe it will be His valley before we know it. People are hungry and the churches in this valley are set on Christ's foundation. There is no doubt, we have a huge harvest coming up.

No comments: