Monday, February 25, 2008

Inner Hillbilly


Some people know that I have a lot of energy. A lot of people are surprised when it comes out. This weekend I have really been comfortable in every way. Sometimes I think I am too much and sometimes I am afraid to show people who I really am and I hide. This weekend was a lot of fun because I feel like I opened up to those around me just a little more. I was a little more playful and goofy like only my closest friends have seen.

Today at work, I was my most professional self and was really introverted. I love being professional and being God’s example at work. Even though they only see my work side, I love being focused and getting my tasks done.

Then, I got in my car to go home and it was all up in the air. I was so loud and so myself. Ha ha. If everyone only knew. I had an irish accent for a bit then I switched to a Apu from the Simpson’s like voice and told myself stories. I had a good one about how to catch a leprechaun and eat it. Yes, this is sometimes me, being a goof. Actually, usually inward me too. When you see me with a silly smile on my face, I have usually imagined something completely crazy in my head.

Then I saw the storm. I praised God back in my normal self and then I got a little giddy again. God is so good, the storm coming over the mountain to the east was insane and to the west, it was just a beautiful partly cloudy day. I ended up coming up with a song that reminded me of my roommate Andrea playing around on her guitar and singing “It’s peach pickin’ time in Georgia.” This is my song that you have to sing aloud with a country twang.
“Stormy Weather
You’re my stormy weather”

And then my other song after I realized I am crazy but sung with the same twang:

“been in a cubicle far too long, too much to do and too much to thinka, must be thinkin’ too much of you, must be thinkin’ too much of you”

Yes, I probably shouldn’t admit this in the public but I figure I should at least humor someone.

No comments: