Last Wednesday night we had a praise walk for an amazing group I am in called Deeper. It is for women hungry to know God deeper. We all went out our separate ways to praise God without asking Him for anything for 45 minutes.
I am amazed at some of the things that came to mind when I was thanking God for my family. I praised God for my Mom. For her being generous, gentle, quiet, forgiving, hard working, courageous and a friend. I was thankful for my Dad being strong, generous, bold, hard working, brave, a hero, courageous and stubborn (yes, I do love that about you Dad!). I was thankful for my brother, for being understanding, brave and courageous, for his strength. For the times he has pestered me and the times he has backed me up. My Mom, Dad and Brother are all strong but they are strong in character and that is what I love. When I am having problems I know these guys will be by my side encouraging me to get through it. My brother will text me the simplest thing, but it means so much. They accept my good with the bad. I love them and am so thankful God gave them to me as my family.
I am thankful for my Aunt Donna being an example in my life of a female God seeker. She is the member of my family that I can go to with my prayer needs. I am thankful for my Aunt Bonnie for taking me to church and my cousins Brooke and Brittney for being with me when I was being saved.
I am thankful for Women who show their daughters what being a godly woman is all about. I am so amazed at how Fran & Bella and Suli & Stephanie praise God together.
A thought about the tragedy in South Carolina where 9 firefighters lost their lives – I know the families pride in their family members that fought that fire. I know they have a deep sorrow that they don’t have their hero coming home. I can’t imagine not seeing my Dad and Brother again but I am so proud that they have allowed their talents for fighting fires be used to save others lives and dreams. I don’t say it enough but their courage to be a firefighter inspires me and makes me want to help people in my own way. I love you both!
No comments:
Post a Comment