Micah went home to be with the Lord yesterday. How amazing for him. He fought so hard and touched so many lives around the country. I can't imagine how many hearts will be affected by this news.
Micah was so special it is hard to describe all the ways. He was a such a great friend. He never let you down. He spent the last year in the hospital, but his amazing story still had an impact. He welcomed all the staff at the hospital to get to know him and be his and his Mom's friends. He always wanted to know how everyone's life was no matter what his pain was.
I was having a bad prayer life this last month and he changed that too. A week ago he brought his family all to the hospital to pray for him during the last week of his battle. I had the opportunity to pray with his Mom and his Grandpa and to experience their trust in the Lord. My heart aches at the loss of him. Micah has strengthened my faith throughout the two years I had the chance to know him.
His faith in God and his praise of God in the midst of his own suffering inspires me.
I am sure the Lord is rejoicing because of all the people he joined to his own yesterday. My friends Heather and Jesse lost their sister yesterday but she was able to save lives through organ donation. The Swanks lost their four month old daughter yesterday as well. These were amazing people who loved the Lord and their families continue to see His glory through it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment