Sunday, October 15, 2006

Impact

Make an impact. That is what I am learning. This morning while I was reading, these things were the exact things I have been seeking to realize and understand fully in my life:

Matthew 9:35-38 (The Message)
35-38Then Jesus made a circuit of all the towns and villages. He taught in their meeting places, reported kingdom news, and healed their diseased bodies, healed their bruised and hurt lives. When he looked out over the crowds, his heart broke. So confused and aimless they were, like sheep with no shepherd. "What a huge harvest!" he said to his disciples. "How few workers! On your knees and pray for harvest hands!"

John 3:30 (The Message)
This is the assigned moment for him to move into the center, while I slip off to the sidelines.

Matthew 10:5-8 (The Message)
Go to the lost, confused people right here… Tell them that the kingdom is here. Bring health to the sick. Raise the dead. Touch the untouchables. Kick out the demons. You have been treated generously, so live generously.

Matthew 10:20 (New International Version)
For it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Matthew 10:38-39 (The Message)
If you don't go all the way with me, through thick and thin, you don't deserve me. If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.

Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

No comments: