Sunday, March 27, 2011

Honesty & Integrity

This afternoon a storm came on me hard and fast. I was instantly sad, frustrated and feeling trapped. I sent out flares to my close friends telling them we should hang out after church, but they were all busy. I went to church and God had me. I know God is good and I know he has a plan. I was crying through the song Acts 29 that says "Let your glorious light shine through me. Cover my flesh with your love." That is what is going on right now, I am being fleshly in feeling sorry for myself.


Honesty and Integrity was the theme of the sermon that our pastor gave tonight. He talked about being an example and then he talked about how what we are struggling with God has it. That also got to me. He said we have to continue to persevere. Then the last song was Amazing Grace and it got me again. I was able to get the tears out of my eyes before I turned to face some of my friends.


God, what are your plans? Will you take away all the scales and all the gross-ness of me. Lord you know my desires and so I pray you will bring them to fruition or that you will change my heart.


Thanks Lord!





No comments: