"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that
Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in
weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when
I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
I am weak this weekend. Can I use this verse for my weakness as Paul
did? This weekend has been a little difficult because I have seen so many
great kids around me and I have seen some really great causes I believe
in. God has given me a heart for children, for adoption, for international
ministry and domestic foster care. I don't know what to do with these two
opposite ends of the spectrum except to give my life in surrender. I love
the Lord and I know His plans are good and all I can ask is that God gives me
courage and boldness and that He directs my steps. I am currently involved
with a children's program I believe in on a weekly basis and I believe it is
God's will for me right now, but sometimes I wonder if there is anything else He
wants me to do. Part of my dream is to adopt two kids. Right now, I
am still single and have agreed that it would be better for a child to have a
mom and a dad so that means I can't move forward in this area yet. I keep
joking that if I am not married in 5 years I am going to move to an orphanage so
I can have 30 kids. I really love the idea of serving kids for life, but I
don't always want it to be from a distance.
I am living in faith that my obedience and surrender will be gifted by God
with a godly marriage with a man that first loves Him, then loves me and loves
the children we have and/or adopt. I have no doubt that my dream of having
a family and serving children here and also going on foreign missions can be accomplished.
Though I am weak in the area of wanting to be married and have a family, God is glorified by making me strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment