Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7
The last week has been so incredible! Monday was a backyard wedding for my cousin with my family. They are so encouraging. I am so blessed to have the aunts in my life that God has blessed me with. Tuesday, the girls came over for accountability. This was the first one in 2 months that Bethany has been at since her trip. We had many laughing fits (or at least I did). We have quotes that I will post later.
Wednesday I went hiking with Bekah, Alia and Bethany and had a lot of fun talking about life and getting up to the overlook. We took a different way down Thaynes Canyon and I underestimated how much light we had and how much time it would take so we went down for the last hour in the dark. Normally, I am nervous and get testy in the dark, but God must be working on me because I was calm and didn’t struggle with the way down.
Thursday I went up to help with the Royal Family Kids Camp that I am usually a full week counselor at. It is so good to be able to go up and see these kids. When I got there, it was really emotional thinking about the things that the kids get to experience and the way they impact my life. I was put in the tattoo booth which was so much fun! Some of the kids got so many tattoos that they barely had bare skin left! Afterwards, I ate dinner and helped with set up. I loved getting a chance to see the kids singing Pharoah, Pharoah at Chapel. My friends were in the play about Esther which was great to see. I heard I missed some of their best stuff though. Then at group games, I got to play with and meet even more of the kids. They were so great! One little girl even taught me how to hula hoop again. So much fun! Then it was reading time. I enjoy the quiet moments before they go to bed. I hope they felt safe and happy at camp.
All this to say that God is good. He uses so many things to show us glimpses of himself. He places people with wisdom before us to teach us. God wants every moment of our lives to bring us closer to him and I feel like He definitely does that in mine when I stop to think what His plan might be. When I am hiking with the girls, it is just a fellowship and unity of the body. When it is with the children, it is how I need to be a leader for them. When I am laughing, I know God laughs with us. It is all for His glory. Even when we experience pain, He is with us and He cries with us. Then He strengthens us. God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment