Saturday, May 22, 2010

Psalm 40

6Sacrifices and offerings
   are not what please you;
   gifts and payment for sin
   are not what you demand.
   But you made me willing
   to listen and obey.
    7And so, I said, "I am here
   to do what is written
   about me in the book,
   where it says,
    8'I enjoy pleasing you.
   Your Law is in my heart.' "
 10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
       I speak of your faithfulness and salvation.
      I do not conceal your love and your truth
       from the great assembly.
 11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD;
       may your love and your truth always protect me."


Lord you are faithful and I will tell of your mighty woks. You free my mind and my spirit. You give me strength to serve and love your people. You take delight in me your child. You draw me near to soothe and protect me. In all your perfection you are still my Father God and I am your daughter.  You delight in even in my imperfection. You set me free and you don't condemn, you only want to hold my heart.

No comments: