I can’t believe how big God is. I really can’t. I can’t believe He can use me with all my filthy rags. I feel like I am such a disaster sometimes, but then is the time that God gets the glory.
My parents were in town last night and this morning my Mom called. Then I called her to figure out plans and for some reason, I got upset. I am such a jerk sometimes, I don’t know why I did it, but I felt like the minute of time they were going to spend with me wasn’t enough. Instead of telling my Mom that, I just got upset and said they didn’t need to come by. I could have done it in a better way, but I realized I was bugged about something. I had been home for Christmas and I didn’t tell her about God. I didn’t tell her how much God loved her.
I have told my mom a lot that it hurt me that my family doesn’t understand what God is to me. That He is my everything. I again told her that I was upset and that I wanted her to know God. Don’t ask me how the conversation flowed to that. I told her that I wanted to talk about God more with her and asked if that was ok. She said it was. It was still a tense talk, but at least I felt we were somewhere.
Tonight she called to tell me that she was home and I wasn’t sure how our talk would go. I told her I was sad that I was a jerk, but that God was important and that I wanted her to know God. I asked her what she thought of Jesus and she said that she thought he was God. I then asked if she knew why He came to the earth. I told her and then asked if she wanted to pray. So I told her I would pray first and that if she wanted to pray after, we would. I prayed that she would want God’s free gift and I prayed that she would know that God died for her sins and I prayed that God would get a hold of her life. Then she prayed with me and after me as I led her through expressing her need for God to save her! I am so excited, but I don’t know if she really understands the next step. I am going to try the best that I can to mentor her from here, but I need to get her into a church.
Please pray for my Mom to start praying and reading her Bible. Pray for me to be able to get her to church as well.
I am still stoked because I believe that my Mom will be with me in heaven. I can’t believe God used my jerk of a self and this rough day to get to this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment