Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Stoked! Kids rock!

So, I don’t know where to begin. I feel like I am more and more becoming myself every day. I know this sounds weird to say, but there is something that makes me feel awkward sometimes. Lately that has been going away and it is hwen I feel like I am able to pour more of myself out. I guess it goes to the verse “He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed” Proverbs 11:25 and the principle that unless you are pouring yourself out, God can’t pour into you. I have been feeling more and more at home with the homeless and the kids at the DC. I am feeling more and more peace with who I am and about my role in these places.

Yesterday after an outreach, I was playing with the kids when all of the sudden 5 of them were on top of me tackling me like a giant. It was one of the best things ever to be in the middle of all of these different kids laughing and giggling because they got me. Then, spinning them around and around like an amusement park ride as each one begged for a turn. It was so perfect. There is no time like spending time with a child to influence their life.

I can’t imagine how much love God has poured out for me if I have been able to pour out the little bit of human love I have into these kids. I now am beginning to understand why He did come to this earth and He stood in my place on the cross with every one of my sins I have committed and will commit.

I can’t wait to have kids or adopt kids…

So stoked,
KS

No comments: