Sunday, November 02, 2008

Girls!!!


There is so much to say and I don’t know what to say.

I have been so fortunate that God has brought some really great girls into my life that I can hang out with. I have been hiking almost every weekend since August and it has been so much fun. I love that each time I feel like I can’t do it that I am amazed when I get to the top of a peak.

I am trying to be humble about it all, but it is so much fun to go hiking and then reach the summit and feel like you are on top of the world. It just hit me that I am sure that when satan tempted Jesus, Jesus must still have had the awe that I do. I am sure that Jesus saw things from a greater height, saw everything more clearly and with a much more broken, compassionate heart. It is amazing that His love for us transcended everything. He risked everything to win over death. God is so amazing. God is so awesome.

It has been amazing to go to the events that for so long were dominated by men and start seeing women turning out. Like we had 20 people for Wax and Coffee night and there were a good chunk of women there which was so encouraging.

Yesterday, I went hiking with Jill and Bethany and I am so glad that they are such strong women of God. They listened to me cry and then laugh and cry as I was driving up the canyons and they brought me back to reality. They heard where I was broken and they loved me despite it. They love God and want to obey Him as much as I do and I love being around someone who loves God more than they love me. I loved talking with them about our futures and freaking out with Bethany about how beautiful the trees and mountains were. God has definitely answered my prayer of a Christian hiking buddy with Jill and Bethany.
I want God to be the center of my life. I want to pursue God with all that I am. I want His future, not my future. I want God to change my heart so that I can affect others’ lives. I want my heart to be more bent for God so that when people look at me, they see me as refreshing and as a representative of the living God.

No comments: