
So I haven’t updated in a while. It has been another roller coaster month. I went to Moab May 8-11th for some fun in the sun. It was a lot of fun. I have been able to take my friends down to Moab and have a little adventure and it has been so much fun. So, Thursday, May 8th Josh, Joe and I drove down and stayed at my parents house. The next day, we got up and went to look for the campsite Josh was told about. We had the GPS coordinates and they said it wasn’t too bad of a train. Well, it really was at the end of a jeep/mountain bike trail. It was really remote and beautiful so we set up a tent and decided to see how the loop finished to see if the other way would be better for our friend’s to get to in the Subaru they were bringing. Well, it was much worse but Josh is a great 4 wheel driver even with a bike trailer full of bikes being towed. So, we kept watching the gas tank get lower and lower but luckily we got back in just enough time without running out. 
Then, we had lunch from my parents fridge – gotta love being at your parents and eating all their food – and then went hiking. We went to one of my favorite trails – Negro Bill Canyon. It was so nice to just get out and get moving. After hustling back, we bought groceries and made it back to my parents for another yummy meal.
We went up to the campsite just as the weather turned horrible. It was cold and rainy. I ended up retreating into Josh’s jeep. Joe was firm on being tough so he stayed by the campfire pretending it was 80 degrees and hot. He got out some chicken he had brought and speared it and put it over the fire. He reminded me of the aborigine from the Crocodile Dundee movie. The one that is always eating and carries around food on his stick. Anyway, our friends came and it was much better, I had girls to relieve me. I love the guys, but sometimes, you just need girls. So we set up our tent and I cuddled in between Jessica and Leigh all night.
The next day was about figuring out our plans. We ended up going Mountain Biking on two separate trails. The insane people out on Porcupine Rim Trail that is 14 miles and Grant, Jessica and I on the Bar M trail. The Bar M trail was fun, it was really mellow but then we threw in a more moderate trail that included some jumps and stuff. I am still learning wehre to balance, but it was so much fun. I had found this little area that had small jumps and played on that while Jessica and Grant rested. I love mountain biking! So after a lot of sun, we all started to go crazy. We all started over heating and I ended up being a little delirious partly because of the sun, partly because of the “runners” high. So we headed back to town and tried to find our friend Jill who drove into town. The insane bike posse had told us they would be finished first so we were surprised when we didn’t see them. We finished first J
I must mention that the Subaru came up when it was dark. So, on the trip down the next day, they all freaked out a little bit that they had been coming up the side of a cliff in the dark. So then we went back and cooked dinner at our amazing campsite. Jill and I went exploring and found this amazing cave that goes straight up and makes a great date spot for the future when we have amazing men to take back there J
Sunday, we split up sending the people who wanted to hike and the people who wanted to repel in different directions. Josh, Leigh, Greg and I went canyoneering. The dragonfly canyon trail isn’t really publicized in arches so basically you have to get the coordinates and trek that way. When we looked out over the canyon, it was kinda intimidating. I wasn’t sure why I had chosen to go with them. Then, when I realized that the guys were wrong initially and we were going to be on the other side of the canyon, I realized I had to be courageo
us and do it. We had to swim through about 4-5 potholes. They were deep. I didn’t realize they could be that deep and then to think about what is p
robably lurking in the stagnant water is a little worse. So, then we did a 30 (or 50????) foot rappel which was good and then we found ourselves in a tiny crevice ready to do the 130 foot rappel. It was so beautiful. That is what the below picture on my previous post is.
Unfortunately, at the bottom of the rappel is a big patch of poison ivy. Leigh told me to jump across some stagnant water to get to the other side but instead, the rock I stood on broke and I tumbled into the poison ivy. Everyone is realizing that I have no balance and I fall no matter what so remember to never tell me to jump somewhere.
But on with the story, we walked out of the canyon and it was just the perfect end to a great trip. I hope I have put up enough pics for you to understand how amazing the wee
kend was!

Then, we had lunch from my parents fridge – gotta love being at your parents and eating all their food – and then went hiking. We went to one of my favorite trails – Negro Bill Canyon. It was so nice to just get out and get moving. After hustling back, we bought groceries and made it back to my parents for another yummy meal.
We went up to the campsite just as the weather turned horrible. It was cold and rainy. I ended up retreating into Josh’s jeep. Joe was firm on being tough so he stayed by the campfire pretending it was 80 degrees and hot. He got out some chicken he had brought and speared it and put it over the fire. He reminded me of the aborigine from the Crocodile Dundee movie. The one that is always eating and carries around food on his stick. Anyway, our friends came and it was much better, I had girls to relieve me. I love the guys, but sometimes, you just need girls. So we set up our tent and I cuddled in between Jessica and Leigh all night.
The next day was about figuring out our plans. We ended up going Mountain Biking on two separate trails. The insane people out on Porcupine Rim Trail that is 14 miles and Grant, Jessica and I on the Bar M trail. The Bar M trail was fun, it was really mellow but then we threw in a more moderate trail that included some jumps and stuff. I am still learning wehre to balance, but it was so much fun. I had found this little area that had small jumps and played on that while Jessica and Grant rested. I love mountain biking! So after a lot of sun, we all started to go crazy. We all started over heating and I ended up being a little delirious partly because of the sun, partly because of the “runners” high. So we headed back to town and tried to find our friend Jill who drove into town. The insane bike posse had told us they would be finished first so we were surprised when we didn’t see them. We finished first J
I must mention that the Subaru came up when it was dark. So, on the trip down the next day, they all freaked out a little bit that they had been coming up the side of a cliff in the dark. So then we went back and cooked dinner at our amazing campsite. Jill and I went exploring and found this amazing cave that goes straight up and makes a great date spot for the future when we have amazing men to take back there J
Sunday, we split up sending the people who wanted to hike and the people who wanted to repel in different directions. Josh, Leigh, Greg and I went canyoneering. The dragonfly canyon trail isn’t really publicized in arches so basically you have to get the coordinates and trek that way. When we looked out over the canyon, it was kinda intimidating. I wasn’t sure why I had chosen to go with them. Then, when I realized that the guys were wrong initially and we were going to be on the other side of the canyon, I realized I had to be courageo
us and do it. We had to swim through about 4-5 potholes. They were deep. I didn’t realize they could be that deep and then to think about what is p
robably lurking in the stagnant water is a little worse. So, then we did a 30 (or 50????) foot rappel which was good and then we found ourselves in a tiny crevice ready to do the 130 foot rappel. It was so beautiful. That is what the below picture on my previous post is.Unfortunately, at the bottom of the rappel is a big patch of poison ivy. Leigh told me to jump across some stagnant water to get to the other side but instead, the rock I stood on broke and I tumbled into the poison ivy. Everyone is realizing that I have no balance and I fall no matter what so remember to never tell me to jump somewhere.
But on with the story, we walked out of the canyon and it was just the perfect end to a great trip. I hope I have put up enough pics for you to understand how amazing the wee
kend was!
No comments:
Post a Comment