Sunday, November 11, 2007

Baptized



I got baptized this weekend! Woohoo. November 10, 2007 was the day I chose to show the world what is going on in my heart.


For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with
Christ. --Galatians 3:27

This weekend we had Ryanna’s 3rd birthday party and since I knew my Mom, Dad and Brother would be in town for it, I decided that it would be the right time for my baptism.

God has moved things in my heart. I had always wanted to be baptized out in a lake or river, but I could never get my friends and my family in one location. I am not changing anything about the amazing life I live for Christ so I thought that it would be perfect to show my family both my church and my obedience.

I asked my dear friend Adrienne to baptize me. It meant a lot that she would do it, she was the first woman of God in my life. I am so glad that my family came to church, saw how I worship God and hopefully saw how I love God. I am so excited that I got to spend time with my friends Jill and Leigh and our other wonderful friends afterwards too.

I felt so connected to God afterward. God gave me this “happy connection” with him. I don’t know any other description than that. I know that my life is set apart for Him wherever He has me and for however long my life is.

I am sad that I didn’t do it sooner in college, or in San Diego or at another church, but now I was able to show my Sister, her husband, my family and people I am connected with now how I am obedient. I am glad that I am doing it at the church that I am building into now and hopefully it just expands my ministry.

God is so good to give us a baptism of eternal life. It is through repentance and acceptance of God’s sovereignty in our lives that saves us. The baptism I went through last night was a symbolic, visible water baptism mirroring the death of our old life and being raised out of the water into our new life.

God is good and I have to say that I know it was God’s timing.

No comments: