God is so funny. As soon as I give him the things I want to hold onto so badly, he brings that object back to my attention somehow. Why does he do this? I do not understand!!! I just have to laugh because I know he knows the reason.
I completely said, "that thing will be gone from my life God" on Friday! Friday! Then, Saturday it returns. I have to wonder, who is doing it - God or satan? It has to be God because it isn't something bad, just something God wants more than I do. We will have to see what happens next.
It is amazing how much music draws me to the lap of God. I love to listen to music and then there are those songs that make you want to pull over your car and just praise him. Or I start to close my eyes to admire God and then I have to remember I am driving. This morning visiting K2, the projector wasn't working and I didn't know the last two songs and it was much more powerful just to sit there with my eyes closed, to be still and to praise God. I have been doing that at other gatherings even when I know the words and it probably seems like I am sleeping or something, but those are the moments of my infatuation with God. It is the best time for me to give all my adoration to God because the music pulls it from my heart, my head and my entire body.
I love that out of God's perfection he turned our imperfection to be the object of His sacrifice. That he went through the same things I have, he lived just longer than I have and he then took the cross knowing the temptations we have felt and sometimes we have given into. He still loves us no matter how far we have fallen from his perfection, no matter how many times we fight his grace and try to live this life on our own. He is still there and always will be. I love that He gives us good gifts. Sometimes we have to give him our treasures we hold on to so he can give them back.
I can get so mad at people on this earth and then I can laugh at God for something He has taken from me. It is ironic isn't it? God does everything from his loving heart and I guess we can't always see the heart of the people around us to give us clues to their intentions.
No comments:
Post a Comment